Productivity Commission Releases Reports On Government Services
The annual Report on Government Services (RoGS) provides information on the equity, effectiveness and efficiency of government services in Australia over six departments:
- Childcare, education and training – includes performance reporting for Early childhood education and care (ECEC), School education and Vocational education and training (VET).
- Community Services – includes performance reporting for Aged care services, Services for people with disability, Child protection services and Youth justice services.
- Emergency Management – includes performance reporting for fire and ambulance services.
- Health – includes performance reporting for Primary and community health, Public hospitals and Mental health management.
- Housing and homelessness – includes performance reporting for Housing and Homelessness.
- Justice – includes performance reporting for Police services, Courts and Corrective services.
The productivity commission produce a number of regular reports that review a range of topics including Indigenous wellbeing, government services and expenditure, trade and assistance and productivity performance.
The reports were progressively released between 27 January – 4 February 2016.