The BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is a nationally accredited program which will teach you how to identify hazards in the workplace, assist with responding to incidents, assess and control risk and consult on work health and safety issues.
This program is most suited to those in Safety Officer or Health and Safety Representatives roles, or those currently in leadership roles wishing to shift their career into Health and Safety.
The program reflects the broad skills and technical capability that must be applied across a wide range of situations, workplaces, and systems. The ability to support a business’ operation with technical ‘know how’ is a key part of a Health and Safety Officer’s role and is addressed in this program. Specifically, this program focuses on developing the capability and skills required to apply a variety of solutions to unpredictable problems, to coach and guide operational leaders in the operation of a safety system, and have an advanced capability to evaluate data from a variety of sources.
As a result of this program, learners will:
- Understand the requirements and accountability of a safety professional in the workplace
- Understand the legal framework and who is accountable to ensure a safe workplace
- Assist with monitoring a safe workplace
- Effectively consult and communicate on issues relating to the safety and health of the workforce
- Assist in the development of risk management actions
- Contribute to the development of emergency procedures
- Support the continuous improvement of safety systems and processes
Who would benefit from this course?
- Anyone wanting to help keep people safe in the workplace
- Business owners and leaders wanting to understand how to meet a company’s legal and compliance obligations
- People wanting to be more employable by specialising in safety
- Companies wanting to win more work by demonstrating their staff are trained to uphold high safety standards
While there are no educational prerequisites for this course, English language proficiency and literacy skills are needed to complete the course.
Have extensive experience?
If you have extensive vocational work experience in work health and safety roles without a formal qualification you may consider applying for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning), a process for giving candidates credit for skills, knowledge and experience gained. You will be required to gather evidence of your experience. There is a fee for RPL assessment.
If you are unsure whether this Certificate program or a Diploma level program would be right for you, or want to discuss your eligibility for RPL, please call us on 1300 453 555 or email email@example.com so that we can best assist you in the most appropriate path for you.
> Download Course Outline In Our Full Brochure>> BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
We also offer the BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety as a day public program in Melbourne, Brisbane, Rockhampton, Townsville, Cairns, Sydney & Canberra. Visit our Public Programs page for more information
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE||CORE / ELECTIVE|
|BSBWHS402||Assist with compliance with WHS laws||Core|
|BSBWHS403||Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes||Core|
|BSBWHS404||Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control||Core|
|BSBWHS405||Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems||Core|
|BSBWHS406||Assist with responding to incidents||Core|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation||Elective|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment||Elective|
|BSBMGT405||Provide personal leadership||Elective|
|BSBWHS408||Assist with effective WHS management of contractors||Elective|
|BSBWHS409||Assist with workplace monitoring processes||Elective|
In the Queensland or ACT Construction Industry?
If you meet the criteria, subsidies may be available for this program.
WANT TO DO THIS PRORGAM AS AN INDIVIDUAL?
Our public programs divisions Workplace Dimensions offers this program for small groups and individuals in: