Want to give your business the edge for 2019? Want to do it at no cost to your business? Queensland tradies have a limited opportunity to get WHS training, funded by their building and construction industry body, Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ). Being qualified...
- No vision.
Without a clear vision compelling your team into action, does your team know what you’re all trying to achieve at a top level? And why should they care?
- Not developing your people.
Are you setting goals to support a growth mindset and creating an opportunity for your people to develop? If not, you’re wasting their potential to move themselves, yourself (as their leader), and the organisation forward.
- Not knowing where to focus your energy.
With so much to manage, do you know what the best use of your time and resources are? Not being able plan and prioritise your people and resources is a recipe for disaster.
- Not delegating.
Burnt out? Micro-managing because you can’t let go? Chances are you’re doing too many things your team should be responsible for. You are also stifling their development. You need to find the balance between a hands-off approach and micromanaging. Look at additional training and development you think they lack and plan regular check-ins while they’re doing their job so you can concentrate on your priorities.
Want to develop your ability to lead teams?
Our Leading Teams program is designed both for managers of intact teams, project teams and for team members working in a matrixed organisation. This program outlines the key stages of team development and how to move the team from early relationship development through to an aligned focus on goals and a collaborative workflow.
Our 2-day program also focuses on planning and prioritisation in order to create efficiencies, reduce rework and optimise individual performance. The Leading Teams program can be taken on its own, or as part of the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership & Management.
After this two-day Leading Teams program you’ll be able to:
- Better appreciate where to focus your team’s energy in order to increase influence and reduce lost time on things beyond their control
- Plan, prioritise and evaluate resources in order to create efficiencies and optimise performance
- Identify opportunities to delegate tasks that support individual skills development and in-role growth
- Recognise behaviours that occur at each stage of team development
- Intervene appropriately to lead individuals through the stages of team development (either as a manager or team member)
- Review your current team against the characteristics of a high-performing team and develop strategies to progress toward this
- Build a vision and a compelling reason to motivate team members and subcontractors to work together toward optimal performance
- Set goals to support a growth mindset and opportunities for development
- Create action plans that can be implemented with current teams
Want to see how this program impacted Downer? Read more here: https://safetydimensions.com.au/leadership-excellence-at-downer/
Want more info?
Read more about our program BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership & Management>
Want this program customised for your workplace and industry?
Call 1300 453 555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
From our blog
Being a leader means you’re tasked with many responsibilities, across managing people and teams, organisational expectations and performance. Not every leader is awesome at all aspects of leading teams – here are four common mistakes you may be making: No vision....
Not getting improvements in your safety leadership culture, or safety statistics? It’s highly likely your organisation has failed to engage your people at the ‘hearts and minds’ level required to create and sustain a strong safety culture.Research shows...
Van Halen's Brown M&Ms - Their Key To Rock and Roll Safety There’s a long tradition of musicians and actors adding in absurd demands in their performance contracts just because they could. Van Halen, the American hair rock band of the 80’s were infamous for this...
Comcare PublicationWorking Well: An Organisational Approach To Preventing Psychological Injury A GUIDE FOR CORPORATE, HR AND OHS MANAGERS Source: Comcare. Many employees will at times feel that they are not coping well at work for a variety of reasons....
Latest data from Safe Work Australia shows that the leading cause of serious claims (that result in one or more weeks off work) is body stressing. Of the total 106,260 claims that were made during the 2016-2017 reporting period, 40,330 or 38% related to...